kju
IFA3 Dev.

Tank missions are really difficult - 2-3 hits and the tank go down

Post by kju » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:13 pm

It make mostly impossible to complete the tank missions

kju
IFA3 Dev.

Post by kju » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:13 pm

I agree with this notion - at least for easy difficulty. I laid out the idea about auto repair - any other ideas?

Support trucks are no working reliably (is there a 3rd party scripted system?)
To have them in your group would burden the player with AI management (and trucks are somewhat finicky moving through rough terrain)

Could increase AI dispersion even more in easy mode - not sure if this would help that much (or it gets too extreme)

imo one key problem is that the other AI tanks under your command do really help much
back in OFP i used "advanced" and "fire at will" to have them drive infront for recon and to take hits first
however for some reason AI tanks in your group usually lag behind, also also have problems engaging at times
especially AT guns can only be flanked, or otherwise you are doomed

kju
IFA3 Dev.

Post by kju » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:14 pm

> canadian
Maybe divide the tank missions into phases? Each phase the support truck teleports and you have the ablility to resupply and repair.

> kju
well one idea was to just add some supply points in between. either abandoned enemy trucks, or your own, or some scripted stuff
however in the end this only helps so much like you have to survive engagements in the first place to get that far
as such this what should be in the focus first